Friday, February 8, 2008

Sleepless in Cedar HIll...

Due to unforeseen umm, odd, unlike me, procrastination this past week…I watched the sun rise this morning.

I realized that God stretches his arms wide open every morning for us. He stretches them from here to there, meaning across the wide world (not web) and lets out a big yawn.

I feel so blessed right now. And as tired and cranky as I am and will be for the next 24 hours, I’m happy. It’s warm inside but just looking out my window I can see my breath in the crisp dawn haze. Not Houston haze…just crispy haze. There’s a smidgen of dew on the ground that is bummed it didn’t freeze over and last a little longer than it’s h two oh counterpart. I couldn’t feel more lucky!

I haven’t seen the sun rise since Sunday morning. Not that you miss much while you sleep. Random ambulances at 1, the wrecking crew re-entering the building at 3, a few coyote fights at 4…but then the colors change. Not like the seasonal change. This is in a league of its own. I swear the sky just went from grey to purpley-aqua right before my puffy eyes. For purple mountain majesty it’s beautiful. Feels like Christmas morning without the empty pockets. Feels like Easter without the hail. Feels like the Fourth of July in the Sandlot without the Squince ballerina move. Feels like carrying the Travelocity knome without actually having to carry it.

No comments: